Electrical Fire due to Lack of Maintenance Testing
PGTI was called in on this Emergency Response by a local electrical contractor. This specialty retail apparel facility had not been interested in Maintenance Testing before the fault (guess what they are doing now?). In this example, the medium voltage cable was poorly routed which caused tracking and corona damaged insulating board. This improper installation, (see Acceptance Testing), lead to a failure and electrical fire. Because of the fire that ensued, the gear took several hours to clean well enough to safely re-energize. PGTI technicians quickly responded to get the system safely back online.